The U.S. Army (Natick) is seeking information from companies on upcoming technology developments related to improved ballistic protection on eyewear, according to a notice at FedBizOpps.gov.
Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center (NSRDEC) is requesting responses to the following questions:
1. What is your technology to increase ballistic protection? What is the protective capability?
2. What lens curvature can you currently apply your technology to?
3. What are the manufacturing limitations?
4. What are the optical limitations?
5. How does your technology compare with currently fielded protective eyewear?
6. What is the estimated date of availability?
7. What is the estimated cost?
Interested companies are encouraged to submit product literature and other pertinent information such as test reports, manufacturing limitations, and statement of availability.